Did you feel that? The breeze is beginning to warm up as the sun is now staying out longer each and every day. Summer is well on its way, and with it comes day drinking season.
There’s nothing quite like the feeling of being surrounded by your friends, sitting in the sun with some good tunes, and of course, a frosty beverage in hand. Do you have a favourite drink to sip in the sun? Don’t say beer. When there are so many delicious drinks available to you, beer just seems boring!
Check out seven of the most sippable day drinks that you have to try this summer. Enjoy these perfect day drinking beverages this summer.
1. Garden Gin and Tonic A G and T would be refreshing in the summer, there’s no doubt about that, but mix in some blanc vermouth and orange bitters and you have a nice, refreshing twist on this classic.
2. Watermelon margarita Forget the humidity with an icy margarita! But don’t reach for the house marg, make it the perfect day drink by adding in some watermelon liqueur. Because what’s more summery than watermelon?
3. Greyhound Not the dog, the drink! This delicious cocktail is made with fresh grapefruit juice and gin. It’s ideal for a day when the sun is shining extra bright and you need something a little lighter.
4. Pina Colada This is one of the ultimate drinks of summer. The tropical flavours of coconut and pineapple blend together to create a drink that will make you want to lay back and put your feet up. Close your eyes, and you may even be transported to a tropical island.
5. Boston Rum Punch Shake up your summer with this punchy drink. Mixing lemonade and Jamaican rum with a dash of nutmeg and a strawberry garnish will rejuvenate your body instantly. It’s got a nice tart kick as well, so it isn’t too sweet.
6. Mint Julep This drink just sounds like summer. When you hear ‘mint julep’ do you not instantly picture a tall glass with beads of sweat dripping down the side in the hand of someone who is fanning themselves in the summer heat? The mint makes it cool and refreshing the whole way down.
7. Summer brew If you like beer, vodka and lemonade then you’re going to love this drink – it combines all three! Trust us, it’s an amazing selection of flavours that come together to taste like summer.
And don’t forget, our mixologists at Made By The Hill have some tasty creations for you to try all year round! Come taste them and tell us what you think.
Western Sydney gets its own performing arts centre
Salads Don’t Have To Be Boring
When a Glass of Red Wine Keeps the Doctor…